This Years Current Philanthropic Endeavor
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Amman (Patriarchate of Jerusalem). January 1st 2022 – December 31st 2022
For further details please see “Annual Fundraising Campaign”.
Current Humanitarian Projects of the Order
Help the Order fund the Building of the Second Orthodox Church in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
In conjunction with this years Annual Fundraising Campaign, the Order is also seeking to raise funds to build a new Orthodox Christian temple in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to serve the needs of the pious faithful of Saint Michael the Archangel Mission.
This holy temple will be only the second Orthodox Church ever built in Pakistan apart from an embassy compound. It will enable 300 families who attend services currently outdoors and in tents to worship in a permanent and more protected structure.
Christians in Pakistan as a whole are a tiny minority who face challenges including mob violence resulting from anti-blasphemy laws, and forced marriage and conversion to Islam, according to Open Doors, which monitors the persecution of Christians worldwide.
With your kind generosity the Order hopes to raise $30,000 for the construction of this holy temple. Lets open our treasury of prayer and resources towards helping our brothers and sisters in Pakistan. We need to let them know that they are not forgotten and have the support of the Order and world Orthodoxy. Let’s not force them to hide their faith, but instead be inspired to be a beacon of light!
Past Philanthropic Endeavors
The Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem (ROCOR). January 1st 2021 – December 31st 2021
During the fiscal year of 2021, the Order was able to raise a total of $15,000.00 for the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem (ROCOR). The Mission in Jerusalem oversees the Monastery of the Ascension of Our Lord on the Mount of Olives, the Monastery of Saint Mary Magdalene in the Garden of Gethsemane, the Skete of Saint Chariton as well as many other holy and sacred sites.
While the 2021 philanthropic endeavor for the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission has ended, the Order will continue to champion its works and raise money for its needs. Donations can be made on this website through the Donate button. In your donation please indicate that it is for the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem. 100% of all donation made in the name of the Ecclesiastical Mission go directly to that purpose. The Order will retain nothing.
Financial Gifts Given By The Order In 2020
1) Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Beirut, Lebanon (for the Orthodox Beirut blast victims) – $1,752.96
Total gifted: $1,752.96
Financial Gifts Given By The Order In 2021
1) Saint Andrew Greek Orthodox Church, Lubbock , Texas (to replace sacred vessels after church desecration) – $2,000
2) State Funeral of Metropolitan Jonah of Kampala and All Uganda – $1,200.00
3) Era Ademiaj from Gjirokastër, Albania (young Orthodox Albanian couple in difficult finances expecting baby) – $5,246.99
4) Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem (ROCOR) – $15,000
Total gifted: $23,446.99
Financial Gifts Given By The Order In 2022
1) The Monastery of Saint Demetrios – Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia – $10,000
2) The Christian Research Institute of Hank Hanegraaff – $10,000
3) Ancient Faith Radio for their Orthodox Intro Site which provides clergy responses and guidance to inquirers of the Orthodox Faith – $10,000
4) The Orthodox Christian Mission in Albania of Dr. Jeffery & Caryn Macdonald – $15,000
5) Saint George Orthodox Church Digomi, Tbilisi Georgia – $15,000
6) Rehabilitation Center of the Nunnery Monastery of St. George Mtatsmindeli (Dzegvi’ Monastery) Tbilisi Georgia – $50,000
7) Ms. Alexandra King (young Orthodox 22-year-old women needing a kidney transplant) – $6,148.55
8) The Sacred Monastery of Saint Nina, Union Bridge, Maryland – $5,000
Total gifted so far this year: $121,148.55
Current Ongoing Causes The Order Seeks To Support Domestically And Internationally
1) The Monastery of Saint Dionysios the Areopagite – Saint James, New York (Temporary Administrative Headquarters of the Order)
2) The Monastery of Saint Mary Magdalene – East Jerusalem
3) The Skete of Saint Chariton – Wadi Fara, Israel
4) The Bethany Community of the Resurrection of the Lord – Bethany/Al-Eizariya – Palestine
5) The Monastery of Saint Demetrios – Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia
6) The Saint Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine – St. Augustine, Florida
7) The Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church and National Shrine – New Your City, New York
8) The Monastery of the Holy Trinity – Jordanville, New York
9) The Monastery of Saint Andrew – Florence, Arizona
10) The Monastery of Saint Tikhon of Zadonsk – Waymart, Pennsylvania
11) The Queen Anna-Maria Foundation – Athens, Greece
12) Saint Mary’s Albanian Orthodox Church – Bënjë, Përmet, Albania
13) Saints Constantine and Helen Albanian Orthodox Church – Lipe, Përmet, Albania
14) Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church – Volos, Greece
15) Saint Michael the Archangel Orthodox Mission – Sargodha, Pakistan
16) Saint George Greek Orthodox Cathedral – Hartford, Connecticut
17) Saint Panteleimon Russian Orthodox Church – Hartford, Connecticut
18) Saints Peter & Paul Orthodox Church – Meriden, Connecticut
If there is an Orthodox church, monastery, seminary, organization, or cause you would like the Order of Saint George the Great Martyr to support please contact us. As a reminder the goals of the Order are the following:
- Aiding the poor, the sick, the dying, the needy, the aged, the infirm, the maimed, the mentally ill, the imprisoned, and the socially disadvantaged;
- Assisting in the maintenance and preservation of holy places including, but not limited to, buildings, monasteries, seminaries, shrines, churches, and cathedrals of the Orthodox Faith; and,
- Establishing and promoting the works of hospitals, medical centers, orphanages, schools and other bona fide Orthodox institutions and/or organizations.