This Year’s Current Philanthropic Campaign
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Amman (Patriarchate of Jerusalem) and the Orthodox victims of the February 6th earthquake in Syria and Turkey (Patriarchate of Antioch). January 1st 2023 – December 31st 2023
For further details please see “Annual Philanthropic Campaign”.
Current Humanitarian Projects of the Order
Help assist the 1,000 Christians living in Gaza caught in a war zone!
The Holy Orthodox Order of Saint George the Great Martyr was established to assist the Orthodox Christians in the Holy Land and Greater Middle East.
With the extreme loss of life, displacement of families, and destruction of homes and medical facilities resulting from the current war between the State of Israel and Hamas militants in Gaza, this mission has never been so critical or so large.
The Order established a monetary campaign to be able to provide assistance as we are able towards the rebuilding of both Christian Orthodox homes and churches and to help provide general relief aid to the greater Gazan populace. Every dollar is important and provides a lifeline of help!
We have set a preliminary fundraising goal of $1Million. While this is, by far, the largest campaign we have initiated, we recognize that this amount will likely only make a small dent in the relief efforts needed to help our brothers and sisters in the Holy Land.
May Christ our God have mercy on His suffering servants and grant peace to the Holy Land, to which we all belong!
Help the Order fund the Building of the Second Orthodox Church in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan
In conjunction with this years Annual Fundraising Campaign, the Order is also seeking to raise funds to build a new Orthodox Christian temple in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to serve the needs of the pious faithful of Saint Michael the Archangel Mission.
This holy temple will be only the second Orthodox Church ever built in Pakistan apart from an embassy compound. It will enable 300 families who attend services currently outdoors and in tents to worship in a permanent and more protected structure.
Christians in Pakistan as a whole are a tiny minority who face challenges including mob violence resulting from anti-blasphemy laws, and forced marriage and conversion to Islam, according to Open Doors, which monitors the persecution of Christians worldwide.
With your kind generosity the Order hopes to raise a total of $30,000 for the construction of this holy temple. So far $2,883.99 has been raised. Lets open our treasury of prayer and resources towards helping our brothers and sisters in Pakistan. We need to let them know that they are not forgotten and have the support of the Order and world Orthodoxy. Let’s not force them to hide their faith, but instead be inspired to be a beacon of light!
Past Philanthropic Campaigns
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Amman (Patriarchate of Jerusalem). January 1st 2022 – December 31st 2022
During the fiscal year of 2022, the Order through the kind donations of its members and supporters was blessed to raise a total of $10,488.00 for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Amman. This financial gift is intended to assist the local Arab Orthodox youth of the Archdiocese.
While this philanthropic campaign for the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Amman has ended, the Order will continue to champion its works and help raise financial assistance for its needs. In your donation please indicate that it is for the Orthodox Youth of Amman. Donations can be made on this website through the donate button. Thank you!
The Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem (ROCOR). January 1st 2021 – December 31st 2021
During the fiscal year of 2021, the Order was able to raise a total of $15,000.00 for the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem (ROCOR). The Mission in Jerusalem oversees the Monastery of the Ascension of Our Lord on the Mount of Olives, the Monastery of Saint Mary Magdalene in the Garden of Gethsemane, the Skete of Saint Chariton as well as many other holy and sacred sites.
While this philanthropic campaign for the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem has ended, the Order will continue to champion its works and help raise financial assistance for its needs. In your donation please indicate that it is for the Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem. Donations can be made on this website through the donate button. Thank you!
Financial Gifts Given By The Order In 2020
1) Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Beirut, Lebanon (for the Orthodox Beirut blast victims) – $1,752.96
Total gifted: $1,752.96
Financial Gifts Given By The Order In 2021
1) Saint Andrew Greek Orthodox Church, Lubbock , Texas (to replace sacred vessels after church desecration) – $2,000.00
2) State Funeral of Metropolitan Jonah of Kampala and All Uganda – $1,200.00
3) Era Ademiaj from Gjirokastër, Albania (young Orthodox Albanian couple in difficult finances expecting baby) – $5,246.99
4) Russian Ecclesiastical Mission in Jerusalem (ROCOR) – $15,000.00
Total gifted: $23,446.99
Financial Gifts Given By The Order In 2022
1) The Monastery of Saint Demetrios – Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia – $10,000.00
2) The Christian Research Institute of Hank Hanegraaff – $10,000.00
3) Ancient Faith Radio for their Orthodox Intro Site which provides clergy responses and guidance to inquirers of the Orthodox Faith – $10,000.00
4) The Orthodox Christian Mission in Albania of Dr. Jeffery & Caryn Macdonald – $15,000.00
5) Saint George Orthodox Church Digomi, Tbilisi Georgia – $15,000.00
6) Rehabilitation Center of the Nunnery Monastery of St. George Mtatsmindeli (Dzegvi’ Monastery) Tbilisi Georgia – $50,000.00
7) Ms. Alexandra King (young Orthodox 22-year-old women needing a kidney transplant) – $6,148.55
8) The Sacred Monastery of Saint Nina, Union Bridge, Maryland – $5,000.00
9) The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Amman (Jerusalem Patriarchate) – $10,488.00
Total gifted: $131,636.55
Financial Gifts Given By The Order In 2023
1) Saint Michael the Archangel Mission, Pakistan – $2,883.99
2) Patristic Faith (Orthodox Montanika Conference), Montana, USA – $1,000.00
Total gifted: $3,883.99
Current Ongoing Causes The Order Seeks To Support Domestically And Internationally
1) The Monastery of Saint Dionysios the Areopagite – Saint James, New York (Temporary Administrative Headquarters of the Order)
2) Saint Porphyrios Orthodox Church – Gaza City, Palestine
3) The Monastery of Saint Mary Magdalene – East Jerusalem
4) The Skete of Saint Chariton – Wadi Fara, Israel
5) The Bethany Community of the Resurrection of the Lord – Bethany/Al-Eizariya – Palestine
6) The Monastery of Saint Demetrios – Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia
7) The Sacred Monastery of Saint Nina, Union Bridge, Maryland
8) The Saint Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine – St. Augustine, Florida
9) The Saint Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church and National Shrine – New Your City, New York
10) The Monastery of the Holy Trinity – Jordanville, New York
11) The Monastery of Saint Andrew – Florence, Arizona
12) The Monastery of Saint Tikhon of Zadonsk – Waymart, Pennsylvania
13) The Queen Anna-Maria Foundation – Athens, Greece
14) Saint Mary’s Albanian Orthodox Church – Bënjë, Përmet, Albania
15) Saints Constantine and Helen Albanian Orthodox Church – Lipe, Përmet, Albania
16) Saints Constantine and Helen Greek Orthodox Church – Volos, Greece
17) Saint Michael the Archangel Orthodox Mission – Sargodha, Pakistan
18) Saint George Greek Orthodox Cathedral – Hartford, Connecticut
19) Saint Panteleimon Russian Orthodox Church – Hartford, Connecticut
20) Saints Peter & Paul Orthodox Church – Meriden, Connecticut
If there is an Orthodox church, monastery, seminary, organization, or cause you would like the Order of Saint George the Great Martyr to support please contact us. As a reminder the goals of the Order are the following:
- Aiding the poor, the sick, the dying, the needy, the aged, the infirm, the maimed, the mentally ill, the imprisoned, and the socially disadvantaged;
- Assisting in the maintenance and preservation of holy places including, but not limited to, buildings, monasteries, seminaries, shrines, churches, and cathedrals of the Orthodox Faith; and,
- Establishing and promoting the works of hospitals, medical centers, orphanages, schools and other bona fide Orthodox institutions and/or organizations.