In order to carry out its goals and objectives, the Holy Orthodox Order of Saint George the Great Martyr will admit those Orthodox Christians who apply for membership.
Any person lay or cleric may apply for membership into the Order so long as such an individual meets the following criteria:
- is baptized and/or chrismated into the Orthodox Christian Faith;
- is NOT a member of a Masonic or Freemason fraternity and/or organization;
- is living according to Orthodox Christian principles;
- is a member in good standing of a local Orthodox parish;
- is of sound mind and judgment;
- is known to live honorably;
- is prepared to observe the rules and regulations of the Order of Saint George;
- is willing to make a solemn pledge of allegiance to the Order and to its mission at a formal religious ceremony of investiture; and
- is no less than 21 years of age upon applying for membership.
Application packets for membership into the Order will be supplied through this website and may be downloaded from this page or under the page entitled “Documents”. When approved, the individual will receive an official document signed and sealed by the Grand Knight, indicating the applicant’s reception into the Order with the formal rank of “Knight” or “Dame” unless the applicant wishes to be received in with a higher rank as indicated in their application.
Those received into the Order are received in accordance with their personal state and may choose the nature of their commitment in the activities of the Order. All new members of the Order shall be invested at an authorized religious ceremony of investiture as soon as practically possible after their acceptance. Those members of the Order of Saint George the Great Martyr belonging to the clergy, remain subject to the rules and regulations of their respective Hierarchs and Orthodox jurisdictions.
The passage fee for membership into the Order for the rank of Knight is $1,000.00 USD.
The passage fee for membership into the Order for the rank of Knight Commander is $1,500.00 USD.
The passage fee for membership into the Order for the rank of Knight Grand Cross is $2,000.00 USD.
There are no yearly dues for membership, but it is suggested that members do donate to the Grand Priory of the Order and to its annual philanthropic mission. The Order of Saint George the Great Martyr does permit passage fees to be paid either in full or in two installments.
The passage fee for membership goes towards the following: the annual philanthropic appeal of the Order, the administrative costs of the Order, the applicant’s medals, a hand-painted diploma of reception, and a hand-painted copy of the Order’s coat of arms with the applicant’s name written in calligraphy underneath.
*Please note that additional financial flexibility can be given on a case by case basis for those joining the Order with the rank of Knight or Dame.